Got my hubby sketching out the new coop and run!

NHCrazy4Chicks

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 20, 2010
Southern NH
Poor guy! He's amazing for putting up with me. He's using some fancy dancy computer software (Sketch Up?) to sketch the coop and run to scale. It's so cool! Of course every time I see a section done and can finally visualize it (this thing is in 3-D - super cool!) I want something changed so he has to go back and adjust all his measurements, etc. He's on the fourth version. He's asked me to please try to make this the last one. LOL! I had to write down everything I wanted so I wouldn't look over his shoulder anymore and say, oh wait! Can I have this that or the other thing? (After he had the whole thing sketched). But I so love it! Now we're taking bets on how much the thing will cost us to build. The cool thing with Sketch Up is that he is putting in every 2x4, every piece of plywood, etc. so he'll actually have an accurate materials list when he's done. Apparently he knows how much the building materials cost because he thinks it's a bit excessive. They're chickens, honey, he says. They won't know the difference and they'll be just as happy with something simple. You'll be a great mother hen either way. He's sweet, I know. But I won't be happy! And let's face it, no one is happy if momma ain't happy. Am I right?
woot.gif

Ok, yeah, sure. I could do away with the little porch and the loft.
hit.gif
I suppose they aren't necessities. But I don't want to! (insert pouting face here). This is going to be a kick-@$$ chicken coop!
celebrate.gif
Once completed, I'll post plans for anyone who is interested in taking a peek.

Oh, and by the way- I say $1,500. He says well over $2,000. I think he's just trying to scare me.
ep.gif

Wow, we definitely need some plans and pics down the road
big_smile.png

I just spent 207.40 on EMT, which will be a good fraction of my building costs. I'm glad I don't have to mess with wood
smile.png
(I'm in NC though, and you're in NH I take it, so there's a difference!)

Quote:
Just built this coop last summer here in NH and it was $1250. Yje under part is storage and the girls are in the upper part. The coop is 4X6 with a total height of 6.5 ft. The run is 6 X 8 Ft with a height of 6.5 ft. I wish I went bigger!
66797_014.jpg

Back
Top Bottom