Got some Straight run, that's supposed to include brahamas Did I get Cockrels or pullets?

krispage

Chirping
9 Years
Feb 23, 2014
excelsior springs MO
All were hatched around 4th july. Ok 2 buffs combs are coloring I think they are roos although one was feather faster like the one I think is a dark pullet. the darks I am 85 % I got 1 each and last photo was an unknown breed silvery chick it is a roo for sure crowing already his face is in the bottom right next to pullet in third photo any guesses for breed? What are your thoughts about these flock additions?

20230830_134408.jpg
20230830_134344.jpg
20230830_133943.jpg

Attachments

• 20230830_134358.jpg
    20230830_134358.jpg
    843.6 KB · Views: 5
I think you're correct on gender.
You need to get some body shots of the silver cockerel so we can decide the breed. I'm guessing wyandotte but I think there's also that color in brahma.

He does not have feathered legs and came from a box that had a lot of Silkies. He kinda had muff appearance when he was smaller but not so much now.
20230707_171351.jpg
I just noticed these red/brown feathering today after introduction with my 3 older hens and thought he was hurt! Glad to find it was feather color and not blood. We ended up with 2 silkies too and no idea on them to if males or females one is a banty version for sure. So I got 4 giant birds 2 normal and 1 tiny. This photo is the silver roo a few days old.

Last edited:
He does not have feathered legs and came from a box that had a lot of Silkies. He kinda had muff appearance when he was smaller but not so much now.View attachment 3623599 I just noticed these red/brown feathering today after introduction with my 3 older hens and thought he was hurt! Glad to find it was feather color and not blood. We ended up with 2 silkies too and no idea on them to if males or females one is a banty version for sure. So I got 4 giant birds 2 normal and 1 tiny. This photo is the silver roo a few days old.
Any recent pictures? What hatchery?

Back
Top Bottom