Got the last bantams...

Harvest Mint

Songster
6 Years
Nov 16, 2016
Kingston, Tennessee
Went to Tractor Supply to my pick up some chicks to replace the ones I lost in the last two months and all they had left were 10 assorted bantams. They had a 6 chick minimum so I just went with all of them. Anyway they all look about the same so I assume they are the same breed. Would anyone be able to tell me what they may be? Some seem to have really dark eyeliner like markings and some don't. Could that be a gender related thing or just a variant? There are two jerseys in there so pay them no mind.
07c52de4e3bc27d6492239ffae8a9218.jpg

3bf948b6d3c84faf90a3540d2a54e2ab.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help!
1f423.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got some of these last year and they ended up being old English game bantams. I do now know them very well, but I would say that they are silver duckwing.

The various degrees of "eyeliner" are not signs of gender. They are probably Old English Game bantams of the Silver Duckwing and Golden Duckwing varieties.

The various degrees of "eyeliner" are not signs of gender. They are probably Old English Game bantams of the Silver Duckwing and Golden Duckwing varieties.
I wasn't sure how to describe their eye markings. I have heard some breeds have certain characteristics associated with each gender. But since these seem to be Old English Bantams then they obviously don't have those kind characteristics. It would be cool to have both duckling varieties. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom