Got the perfect mothers day gift!

mistylady

Songster
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Ohio near Coshocton
My hints were noticed! The flyer with the porch swing and three or four comments about my swing being in need of help .. it worked! Dh went to Lowes yesterday to look at house jacks and came home with a new ceder porch swing! I'm so happy! We put it together and its so comfy! The kids can climb up in it without fear of slivers! The old one was here when we bought the place and was horrible. It was homemade by someone that shouldn't have been using power tools!
big_smile.png
Now the new one is on the old frame and its wonderful! The old swing is going to be turned into a bench for the glade by the chicken coop so I can sit and watch my babies from the shade. I'll try to get a pic later to post!

Happy Mothers Day everyone!!!!

My son called to wish me happy mother's day. He was a little apologetic that he didn't buy me something--(I've always discouraged gifts-a phone call is more important to me). So I told him your dad would be in trouble if he bought me perfume, flowers, or chocolate (even though I love all of them). DS said I bet you would be happy with a load of chicken manure though--I said only if it is composted.
thumbsup.gif

Ohhhhhhhhh .. I got a porch swing one year for mother's day ... AWESOME!!

Wanda, That sign is adorable... I assume that's not your oldest son with the wife that is holding it??
lol.png

Happy Mother's Day all! I'm glad you are all getting special treatment from your families!

I am bringing my Mom dinner tonight and a garden tote filled with flowers
smile.png

Nancy

Back
Top Bottom