gotta a question...

CarolinaKid 8

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 21, 2011
Darlington,sc
It's day 10 and I only see about half the egg is dark(shadow} and the other half looks like nothing is forming.Should i be able to see more by now or is this normal on the 10th day? candling is difficult with brown eggs and i have no idea what im looking for...Thanks for everyones advise,at least I have something to tell my lil one---he's eggcited
big_smile.png
lol.png
cool.png
roll.png

Last edited:
THey may be OK - my eggs are on day 10 as well & they look like a ton of clear liquid at the bottom of the egg. A dark (yolk?) section in the middle & a lighter but not clear section at the top where the chick is developing.

We are also at day 10 of incubation, brown eggs also. At day 3 we were able to see the small embryo and very faint veins. Out of 11 that we put in incubator, we have 5 for sure growing and can see them moving around well now. Are your eggs real porous? Sometimes it can be real hard to see if they look like that, but does not mean they won"t hatch. I think in the next few days if you do not see any movement, there is nothing in there. Today we took the 6 that we thought were not fertile or just not growing, and cracked them open one by one and we were correct, there was nothing. It is just important to get any eggs out because can cause contamination to any other chicks that may be thriving... Good Luck!! hope this helped
sad.png
Also, what are you using to do the candling? just curious!

Thanks for the info.I like BYC for this reason and I'm using a spot lite with a paper cone for candling for now. what"s something good to candle with that is not gonna cost me to much?MAybe something Homemade,any ideas??...yea
wink.png

Well we are only using a heat lamp with a piece of cardboard over it with a nickel size hole in it.. Sounds like what you are using would be pretty effective too, if anything try the cardboard thing, but light is good!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom