GPS Trackable Poultry Tags

I would definitely buy. As long as price is reasonable. I would test the product out for you and could pay for some of the cost. Just let me know.

Our birds wander freely over multiple acres but we keep losing our best birds and never finding a trace. I was just searching the internet for a GPS tracker that would fit a chicken.

So we would definitely buy.

It would be good to be able to keep a record of where they go throughout the day so I could search their most traveled areas for signs of predators.

Has anybody heard any updates on this? We just lost our new peahen 10 days ago. I dont know if she was stolen or wandered off or something else happened to her..but in addition to the emotional bond and the work involved in getting one...they are expensive

I really would seriously consider investing in a tracking band on a new bird.

Here is what I have come up with that I think will meet my requirements (which are doesn't bother chicken, tracks daily movement, works in rural area with no cell service, no monthly fee): Combine a Findster Duo+ (https://getfindster.com/how-it-works.html) with a modified chicken saddle (https://www.etsy.com/listing/280061...bantam-standard?ref=pla_similar_listing_top-5) that has been made smaller and has a pocket for the GPS.

The only problem is that it would need to be charged every 7 days.

Maybe if there were a version with a solar panel for charging...

Also, if you don't care about knowing where your chickens have been but just want to find a lost one, you could use a bluetooth key finder tracker (like Tile). It would require that you wander your property until you are within 100 feet of of the tracker with your phone, but the battery lasts a year. and they are lighter. Off-brand versions are $10-$20 on Amazon

Hmm. For a peafowl you would need something that fits in a leg band with a long lasting battery. You would want something they could wear that wouldn't get hung up on brush...or with elastic like a cat collar.

Back
Top Bottom