GQF sportsman 1502 hatching question

mkgmfellers

In the Brooder
Jul 16, 2015
So I just purchased a GQF 1502 sportsman and want to stagger my batches. I talked to a local breeder who states he keeps his humidity at 50 % the entire time including lockdown time. He stated his hatches are usually at least 90%. Can anyone give me some advice on what they do and what works or doesn't work for them? Also how accurate have you found the digital temp/ humidity controller on the sportsman to be? I just want to make sure I'm getting the best hatches possible :D

I been using sportmen's for 8+ years now. 2 I have run almost non-stop. I do more of a dry hatch. I cover my pan about all but 1/4 inch with aluminum foil. This keeps the humidity at about 35-45 % My hatch rates run from 80-95 %.. I will say my hatches average about 90% I

There is 3 shelves in each unit. It takes 3 weeks to hatch chicken eggs. I use the top shelf as week #1. second shelf I slide the top eggs down for week #2, and on 3rd shelf for week #3 on day 18 they are dropped in hatching drawer.

I have digital units, and they keep great temp and humidity.

GQF sportman is a great set up. I don't use a hatcher, have other units that I could, but I use each unit from start to finish, by using it each shelf for every week. Each week I candle and move down. It's so simple, a child can master it a few hatchings.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom