Granny's gone and done it again

Wishing, If Star barks and laying next to bandit will he get a shock ?
I'm not sure. Probably if they are close enough. Scooter's is for small dogs, so supposed to be tuned for higher pitch. He had it on once or twice when Belle barked, one time no effect and one time he got a buzz (just the vibration) but he went running away from her. Belle had a deep booming bark too, so guess it picks up any loud sound. I can hold the collar in my hand and yell at it and get it to shake.

I'm not sure. Probably if they are close enough. Scooter's is for small dogs, so supposed to be tuned for higher pitch. He had it on once or twice when Belle barked, one time no effect and one time he got a buzz (just the vibration) but he went running away from her. Belle had a deep booming bark too, so guess it picks up any loud sound. I can hold the collar in my hand and yell at it and get it to shake.
well, thats what Robert is saying. Everytime one of the others bark he will get the zap.

I dont know what to do. Robert wants one I control . I dont know if they make those or not. As much as he talks he will be zapped a LOT.
Did you get insurance ?
The remote ones are called training collars. You hold a remote and make the corrections. These can be super effective if used properly, especially for dogs that are out of reach for physical corrections. Voice command first, and if the dog responds, lots of positive reinforcements. If not, then a correction, but as soon as he stops barking, he gets praise or a treat. If you use it to train him properly, hopefully you can stop having to use it after a while.
Sounds won't set off a training collar, only the button on the remote.

Spike update.
I found her in the garage, way back in the corner next to the furnace, under a bunch absolutely necessary items (aka junk) carefully stored there. I could hear her scratching around and what sounded like something rolling around too. :rolleyes: Took her out and locked her in the coop. Went back and found these in the deep dark corner.
20180405_110005.jpg

Good thing I am not afraid of spiders
20180405_105852.jpg

After an hour, I had to let her out of the coop since the others needed to get in to lay. Spike headed straight back to the garage, with several stops at my kitchen window to complain that the garage door was closed again. sigh So a made her a nest box and set it on the sill outside the kitchen window. She was very happy... made the funniest little happy sounds, and then proceeded to scratch up the box and kick the hay all over! Weird chicken

Back
Top Bottom