Granny's gone and done it again

Jesus Mary and Joseph I am not sure what BYC's issue is BUT I promise you should I ever meet any one from hulder or fandom or the IDIOT who has this site thru them "there will be blood"

Thats the spirit !
lau.gif

FROM the paper this morning and we had no Snow until right after Thanksgiving

Dickinson's public works department has poured about 620 tons of salt, 300 tons of sand and about 80,000 gallons of brine so far this winter, said Gary Zuroff, the city's public works director, at the city commission meeting Monday evening.

The street department has also used about $20,000 worth of fuel and replaced 85 blades on their equipment, he said. His crews have worked 1,500 hours of overtime and the city has contracted about 350 hours at $150 an hour for the manpower and equipment to help remove the snow and ice.

"That's quite significant for a snow event, and we're only in January," Zuroff said.
The street department has already hauled about 3,200 truckloads of snow — about 80,000 cubic yards — and is looking to haul more. The city has a few designated areas where the crews have been dumping snow, but some are filling up. They are now turning to other city properties for snow storage such as land near the new Dickinson Middle School.

"Normally when we move snow, haul snow, we put it in wind rows like you see downtown or in some areas," Zuroff said. "That's kind of common practice in the downtown areas because... there's not a lot of room, so we do wind row it to the center, and then we have the snow blowers that blow it in the trucks, and then it's hauled."

I think I am jealous and possibly a little moist

I never find and barely ever go to goodwill. I got way lucky. Even with that little tank. I looked at it a couple times at wal mart. wanted it but wasnt going to pay that . Thought about using your gift to get it and say, Look at my new chicken. hahaa Glad I waited. It will make a nice night light . and gravel is included.

the salt alone is egual to 24,800 50 pound bags of salt. Keep in mind if they would actually get out and plow and then plow to the pavement they would NOT need so much salt or sand. Also you should see all of the residential streets. And there are a lot of un shoveled sidewalks a nasty person would be writing down addresses and turning them in.

Back
Top Bottom