Granny's gone and done it again

I listened/watched a video where Mr Zuckerburg admitted that facebook uses other major sites where a lot of people interact with each other to gather advertising data. One of the indications that they do that is in the similar emojis that they use on fb. Most of the emojis in the "like" bar are similar to the ones fb uses. That is an indication that they are gathering data on our interests to use for advertising.

IMG_6290 - Copy.JPG

Morning @troyer and everyone else.

I spent yesterday battening down everything for the 'bomb cyclone' winter storm that is supposed to hit here tonight. Extra plastic over the windows in the coop and pop door, new water heater for the main coop, blah blah blah.

Then we brought in almost a face cord of firewood and stacked it in the shop. I guess from what the weather forecast is saying, there are going to be wind gust up to 40MPH and up to 4 inches of snow so blizzard conditions, along with dangerous wind chills in the -38 range here. We have no desire to hump out to the barn and bring in firewood in those temps not when the shop is closer and best of all inside.

Have to admit I am worried about how my birds will fare through all of it. My coop is an old shed with questionable foundation. I have plenty of bedding down but now I am just praying that everything holds together.

Plans for today? Baking cookies. Not too many, neither of us need them but pinwheel sugar cookies and oatmeal raisin and choco chips so busy busy. Told DH that if we lose power I can always cook meals on the stove but our oven is electric so I'm going to err on the side of caution and get the baking done today.

Back
Top Bottom