Granny's gone and done it again

Went to eye dr., seriously needed new Rx! Won't be ready for two weeks, can't wait. Eyes are good. No macular degeneration - my dad had it. No retinal detachment - brother had it. No glaucoma! A little cataract, left eye, no biggie. Not bad for a gal my age! I'm pleased.

Had car serviced, oil change etc. Car in good shape, yay! A good day.
didnt someone say yesterday they had to wait 2 weeks for glasses or was that you?
What causes cataracs anyway? I didnt go back to the eye dr when she told me I would need them removed. lol

didnt someone say yesterday they had to wait 2 weeks for glasses or was that you?
What causes cataracs anyway? I didnt go back to the eye dr when she told me I would need them removed. lol
That wasn't me, I just found out today. ... stand by.

What causes cataracs anyway? I didnt go back to the eye dr when she told me I would need them removed.

Around age 40, the proteins in the lens of your eye start to break down and clump together. This clump makes a cloudy area on your lens — known as a cataract. Over time, the cataract gets worse and makes more of your lens cloudy.Nov 15, 2023

Smoking, drinking, diabetes and family history are slso factors... "cataract" means "waterfall" and that's what it looks like. As if a curtain of water is clouding your vision.

So, when a doctor tells you something you don't want to hear, you just don't go back? Oh, Granny! Removal is painless and then you can see again!

Back
Top Bottom