Granny's gone and done it again

Just now taking a break and checking the weather radar. I looks like it is all going north of us between now and at least 10pm. A friend of mine over in Albany, GA is going to get hammered hard.
I saw that GA in lower part through the middle is going to get it. :(

It's dark. Ma just got her shower and I'm next. Finally got zipper cream peas and Roma II flat bush beans in the ground. Radar says we should get a fast passing shower around 10pm. All of the largest garden plot is ready for seed and plants. Two more rows of tomatoes will be going in at a time they will bloom and set fruit after the heat has lowered some what. Paste and canning tomatoes and 50 plants of each. 4 more rows of corn one more row of zipper cream peas and 2 rows of Fordhook Lima beans left to plant in the big patch. I'm expecting that the second biggest patch will be workable be fore we can get back into the biggest patch so Okra and black eyed peas, and pink eye purple hull peas will go in probably next. Some where in the works we will plant a 100' of King of the Garden pole Lima Beans for the deep freeze.

How Larry, how do you do it all? Im sitting here crying thinking of all you and your DW does
Granny we do it in 2-3 hour spurts. Rome was not built in a day and none of our farm is either. We just keep moving and work with the weather as we can. Never get as much done as we want to. Got to treat the tomatoes for what looks like an outbreak of army worms. It's way to early for them I thought but I killed what looked like one about a 1/4" long while out looking at them I saw more. Tonight I was dropping seed in the furrow's I had made and ma was right be hind me with a small rake covering them up. There is to much plant residue in the ground this year in the big plot for the seeder we have to work. We tried it. I really need a better one that would lessen our work load so much but the good one that will work in rough conditions is about $400. Maybe next year.

Back
Top Bottom