Granny's gone and done it again

Oh, and Grannyt about the Honey girl and her eggs. The first one hatched to day and she tried to kill it. Upsetting to sat the least. I'm watching for pips now and will remove them to the incubator. I got to it before she finished it off and we are keeping it warm on a heating pad now. I wonder if treating her to boiled eggs made her think the chick was a living boiled egg? When I candled there were several stages of development. This must have been her first egg of the clutch.

My chest pain stopped about two hours after I took the Nitro. Supposed to work quick, but..at least the pain is gone for now.
The vet decided to give Phenobarbital for Gracie. I hope she handles it well. Two weeks to give it a try. If no better then he says blood work. I say if no better, I'll leave her be.
It will sedate her

Oh, and Grannyt about the Honey girl and her eggs. The first one hatched to day and she tried to kill it. Upsetting to sat the least. I'm watching for pips now and will remove them to the incubator. I got to it before she finished it off and we are keeping it warm on a heating pad now. I wonder if treating her to boiled eggs made her think the chick was a living boiled egg? When I candled there were several stages of development. This must have been her first egg of the clutch.
Ive had a couple broodys like that. They were first time mamas and I THINK they protected their eggs so well they saw the chick as a predator.

Back
Top Bottom