GREAT Craig's List deal on GQF cabinet 'bator and hatcher

ChanceRider

Crowing
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Somerset, CA
Wow... I can't believe my luck! Last night when I went "shopping" on CL, I ran across a GQF cabinet incubator and separate cabinet hatcher for $50 each! They're in terrific condition, fans run, they heat up, the turner works in the 'bator, and they have the plexi doors. A few months ago I bought the same model incubator from a friend for $150 and thought I got a great deal on that one.

I see many, many chicks, ducklings, and poults in my future this spring!

Last edited:
I'm so jealous! I've been searching CL for incubators in my area and there aren't any so I had to order new.
sad.png

Congrats on your awesome find/buy!
thumbsup.gif

Awesome deal!!! I also got a CL deal recently, infact so big that me and my mother in law worked it...we replied to an ad for a bator for 25.00...that was all the ad said...we called set up picking it up...well I couldnt go that day...so Ma went for me.

She got there, seemed the guy and family were moving out of state and he was selling all his chicken items. so she called me and the next day, me, DH, Ma and Pa...all went back with two trucks and a long bed trailer. We got:

3 10x10 dog kennels
4 large wired kennels
30 T post
5 waterers
6 feeders
Electric fence with box and posts new
2 rolls new chicken wire
lawn mower trailer new

So we loaded all that up, Ma paid him 460.00 everything was either new or in mint condition and then Ma gave me the bator, most of the feeders, and one 10x10 kennel, and a large wired dog kennel FOR FREE!!!!

Quote:
WOW! And I thought I got a good deal! I was actually looking for chainlink dog kennels, a used shed for a coop, etc., when I ran across the incubator and hatcher. Congrats on the great score! LOL, hope "Ma" gets an extra special mother's day gift this coming year
wink.png

she sure well, she is my mother in law....
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
and this week she bought me an Ameracuana 5mo Roo as a gift...she got herself one also...
big_smile.png

when we look on CL we type in:

fence
wood fence
lumbar
gates
dog kennels
chain link
incubators
incubator does make a difference if you add or dont put that "s"
feeders
waterers
chickens
hens
roosters
laying hens
coops
dog houses

whatever we can think of that they will word it with.

tongue.png
In 2wks I got my 25.00 hovabator complete...like new, and my friends hovabator that they arent using any more and only wanted "1" carton of fresh eggs!!!! and the LG my Ma bought me for my bday...so I have 3 of them...do I hear more baby chciks
lol.png

Quote:
All I can say is... don't give up! I thought at first the $50 each was a mistake... $50 each for Sportsman cabinet models. The deals are out there... I guess it just takes looking at the right time.

2txmedics... sounds like we run the same searches! I've also been looking for corrugated metal roofing/siding to use on my next turkey coop. Very nice also that your MIL shares your poultry passion. My MIL probably wouldn't have anything to do with them!

chance, try doing a search for old tear downs of buildings maybe, that have tin on them, or tearing down sheds also...put an ad out, will come help you tear down your shed Or small buildings that have tin, for trade of tin removal...might work, and yes, you and I do heavy searches...lol

Back
Top Bottom