Green legged chicken

Are both my gals Speckled Sussexes? I was told they were when I got them but the green legs on one is questionable? They are 3 weeks old-dob 8/4

Josephine
66234_img_4256.jpg

Hazel
66234_img_4220.jpg

Quote:
The araucana standard for both large fowl and bantams requires will legs for all varieties except black and white. Whites should have yellow legs; black should have willow to black legs. Oh, blues should have "swarthy horn" which is "very dark shading over horn or yellow"+"ivory tinged gray."

There is no Old English Game Bantam Variety that will have yellow/green/willow legs. Bantam Standard disqualifies for any shank color other than that described for the variety. Most Old English will have white,blue,black and slate blue with minor variations.

I heard that blue faced hatch has green legs and when told about a green legged chicken i could not imagine but then i bought some brown country eggs to hatch and in this bunch of chickens i have a green legged chicken with an extra toe on each foot I mean goblin greeen and that what I'm calling it my lil goblin will post pics soon haveing to use someone elses internet mine buggerd up

this is Green Legged Partridge Hen [zielononóżka kuropatwiana -> zielono =green, nóżka =little leg, kuropatwiana =partridge], and a chicks. Green legs+green legs = green legs in this case:) They lay medium eggs [sometimes on smallish side] proven 30% less in cholesterol than normal egg, good layers[160-180/year], and born free range. Meat low in fat, very good and darker than usual chicken [not silkie dark, just darker than cornish cross ]
10.jpg

jz14.jpg

432531628_big.jpg
these birds look alot like blue faced hatch or game

Back
Top Bottom