Green poop for 2 weeks straight, not lethargic

gchickys

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 6, 2014
Hi everyone,

So I stupidly bought this hen. When I brought her home, I discovered that she had bright green poop all over her butt, as well as lice -_- . I searched and searched for answers on this, but all I found was green poop WITH lethargy. She was not acting very sick at all, she was very mad at me in fact for putting her in a smaller quarantine area. She was always on her feet walking around.

She had NO interest in eating whatsoever. I had to force feed her soaked cat food for maximum nutrients. I put canned corn and other treats in there, but they got no response. I even crushed up her pellets in case she only wanted crumble.

Anyways her poop was bright green like I said, but very watery (semi normal for my Texas summer heat), sometimes it was only water. Mostly it was water, then a urates, and then a small amount of green poo.

So I bathed her and trimmed her butt feathers, ordered the stuff to treat her lice and waited for that. Gave her another bath the next day. About a week and a half later I have the spinosad and I treated her about three days ago. I also have been putting lactobacillus probiotics in her water, and that seemed to get her only a little more interested in eating.

She may have some depth perception issues, she's very cautious about jumping off the porch, even when I'm chasing her to put her up.

She also stands real tall and flaps her wings a lot, but I assume that's just a behavior. And interestingly enough she was noticeably heavy to me compared to my other hens.

Now, she seems more interested in eating and I got one good poo out of her the other day to my surprise. I just now noticed a watery (but brown!) One. But she is still pale combed, not eating as much as a normal hen, not laying eggs, still moving cautiously, etc.

Also, I've inspected her poo a lot and never scold find any visible worms. And I *tried* to check for egg binding, but never found any evidence of that.

The time line of everything is rough, but I do know for sure that I will have had her three weeks this Friday.

I am really just posting this to see if anyone knows what was wrong with her to begin with, because I still feel like something isn't right. Like there is something else that needs to be treated, just not sure what.

Back
Top Bottom