Greetings and Salutions from Sweet Home Alabama

K-Kritter

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 15, 2015
After dreaming and talking of owning chickens for the last few years, I finally placed my order of new chicks last week!! They will be arriving in April, so I have been reading as much information as I can get my hands on about building a coop and run, about brooding and anything else that catches my eye. And if that isn't enough, we just rescued a Chihuahua mama and a pup about 3 days before Christmas. Add them to our other 3 dogs plus the 3 rescued guinea pigs and the pet snake, I guess you could say I already have a mini-menagerie!! Oh, and did I mentioned that I am trying to clean out a 40-year old barn to convert into a little shop where I can sell my hand-painted furniture and other upcycled items?? By 4:30 p.m. I hear a glass of wine calling my name :)

Hello to all. Can't wait to start sharing chicken gossip stories with everyone!!

Welcome aboard. With all the information around here, there's an answer for almost every question you could think to ask about all kinds of farmyard birds. Found a thread on Iowa Blues I started reading as I was intrigued with the breed as soon as I spotted them on Ideal's website. I started suffering from information overload as the thread is almost 300 pages long!
ep.gif
But some day I might actually try reading through it.
lol.png

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sounds like you have quite the critter farm going there!!

Good luck with your soon to be new chicks! If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Be careful with your dog around your chicks. We received many posts from horrified new members because their dog (often small ones like chihuahuas) suddenly and unexpectedly decided to chase and kill their chickens. And once a dog has done this, it's next to impossible to break him from doing it again. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your chicks.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined.

Good luck with your future chicks! It is always hard to wait for chicks (or eggs to hatch, for that matter-- if you ever hatch eggs, you'll find that out!). If you haven't already, you may want to check out the Learning Center so that you can be completely prepared when they arrive: Learning Center Articles

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom