Greetings from New Hampshire

flyingtnh

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 1, 2011
New Hampshire
Well, 6 months into our new place here in New Hampshire during which I've been capitalizing on the awesome treasure trove of information, stories, and advice here on BYC, I figured it was finally time to jump into the fray.

We're hobby farmers with just under 15 (mostly wooded) acres. We free range our flock, with the help of an automatic door (thanks, BYC), and store-bought and home-made (thanks again, BYC) supplemental feeders/waterers. Currently, we have 5 Araucana mutts (started with 6, but a bit after 2 of our "pullets" started crowing, we sent one to a neighbor who had lost his rooster to a fox) and 6 RIRs. Another 15 Barred Rocks arrive next week, and we hope to build a sustainable dual-purpose flock (with the help of our broody ducks if necessary).

Keeping the chickens company are our Horses, Boer goats, Muskovy ducks, and a small flock of NMCs (noizenclamormakker mucknfeederhelpen cutenhumankinder). The latter two are free range also.

Thanks for all the help we've already received, and I hope to get involved further!

Pat
Misadventure Director, Flying T Ranch

frow.gif
Hello and welcome to BYC!

Welcome neighbor. I am also in NH. We have a NH thread if you would like to find us there. We also have a NH Chicken swap thread if you have interest there to.

I am in Claremont, where are you?

Back
Top Bottom