Greetings from new/old member from MN :)

MNShepherdess

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
Hi everyone! I used to be a member of this board way back in the day, but many things have changed since then, and I wasn't sure of my user name OR password, nor was I sure of the email account I had used, so I created a new one. My most common one was glider_gurl or some form of that, so some of you may remember me.
smile.png
Some of you may remember me from the Crossroads Show in Indianapolis a few years back as well.

As I said, lots of things have changed. My name is still Rayna, though my last name will be changing this fall
smile.png
They say everything happens for a reason, correct? Well, about 3 - 4 years ago, my then boyfriend wanted to move out of my moms. Sure I said, isn't it every childs dream to leave the nest and fly on their own? So, I packed up my things and headed to town. Bought a nice little starter home on a dead end street, had been working at the local Walmart where I had made lots of friends, worked overnights so didn't really have a life anyway, and was only minutes from work. Great, right? Wrong. I hated it. I hate living in town. We slowly drifted apart, and a short while before our 6 year anniversary, the straw broke the camels back. For some time it had been more like living with a friend anyway. A short while after that, my best friend and I realized what everyone else had apparently seen for a long time; that we were made for each other. We both loved animals (which the ex really didn't), loved the country, and shared so many things alike, but still some different to keep things interesting. We officially started dating last April, and he proposed last October. It's been a lot of work, but of course to add to our work, we decided to move back home to the farm by this fall! He is very excited to start working on pens and putting things up the way we want it. I still own a flock of registered Shetland sheep at the house, and a few odds & ends, but it will really be nice to be able to breed and show and raise animals again, without having to drive a half hour out there and then a half hour home after working overnights, which is hard on your body in the first place even if you get 8 hours of sleep a night lol.

So, my reason for rejoining is because I want to get back into my breeding projects. I will be working on the Barbu d'Grubbe, and eventually the Watermael & d'Everburgs. I also would like to have some araucanas running around again, my last few of them are slowly dying off as old birds. I am also intending on raising some sort of layer type flock, though I haven't decided if it will be a mixed flock or if I will stick to a certain breed(s). I also may get back into the bantam modern game, as I have a sweet, lonely blue hen, Sapphira, who I'm sure would appreciate a boyfriend. And I plan on getting my mom more Cubalayas, as those are her favorite, though I would like to find blue-reds which seem particularly hard to find.

Anyway, so a wedding AND moving this fall. Yipee for no time! lol. We are getting married in the end of September (After the WSWF show, of course LOL), and hopefully planning to be moved out to the farm by the end of October. Its' scary and exciting all at the same time. Adam is hoping that within the next couple of years, I will be able to quit my job and be able to be a homemaker, taking care of the animals, and running an online shop with custom crafts.

Anyway, I'll end my novel now
smile.png

Rayna
North Star Shetlands

Back
Top Bottom