Greetings from North Dakota

BugGuy

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 2, 2014
Hello All!! New to chicken farming, but raised lots of ringneck pheasants growing up. I went big right away this past year with 150 mixed breed chickens and have been holding 60 laying hens with 6 roosters over winter. It's been quite a run so far, but I haven't lost any yet that I didn't intend to lose. Got eggs coming out of my ears, but that was the whole point in the first place. Lots of information on this site so I thought I'd join the fray and help out if I could. I'd like to say thank you to all those more experienced producers who have been so forthcoming with helpful information for us less experienced folks.

Hi there,
frow.gif
and welcome to BYC!

This is THE place to be when you own poultry!

Enjoy all those eggs and it is great to have you aboard!

Hi ND! Wow, that's a bunch of birds! When we get our hatchery order next month, we'll have 19 and that's a bit intimidating for me (being fairly new to this). Way to go keeping them through the winter.

Quote:
Hello to you!! It's been a scramble at times and we're learning alot and can honestly say the girls haven't been "paying the bill" for my education. Winter is definately a challenge, but it's been fun so far and with the lessons I've learned, next year will be much easier on both myself and the girls.

Back
Top Bottom