Greetings! From Rawalpindi, Pakistan

tamour

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2015
Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Hey everyone, Tamour here, signing in from Rawalpindi, Pakistan.

Engineer by Profession, Bird fancier by Passion...
I have been active on this forum since 2010 (browsing the threads using google.com
caf.gif
) but now I have decided to become an official member of the BYC community. Hoping to learn from the experience of all the senior fanciers. Have lots of questions to ask, but maybe in another thread. Bye for now...
smile.png

Hi Tamour, welcome to BYC!

Feel free to ask questions and make yourself at home here.

Nice to have you join us!

Hey everyone, Tamour here, signing in from Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
Rawalpindi? That's way up north, near the mountains, isn't it? Hot in summer, mild in the winter... sounds like a good place to raise chickens!

Very nice to meet you Tamour. Do you have any poultry now?

Thanks @drumstick diva for the welcome. I always had poultry. I started with Fayoumi Chickens few years back. Then I had mix flock of Red Sex-Links and Leghorns. Then I switched to Aseels. My new found love are SILKIES. Will post their photos soon..

Last edited:
Rawalpindi? That's way up north, near the mountains, isn't it? Hot in summer, mild in the winter... sounds like a good place to raise chickens!

Yes @wlantry . Indeed it is near the foot of Margalla Mountain Range. Surely summer is very hot but still almost all types of poultry survives the heat. But for the past few years, Winter has become a bit extreme. Mortality rate of some specific not-so-winter-hardy breeds like Polish, Fayoumi, sebrights etc are higher over here during winters.

By the way I checked your posts and I think you are also a PigeonMaster. Do you have any now, and which breed? I have been keeping pigeons even before I had chickens and still have a few pairs of some Tipplers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom