Greetings from Sam house farm.

Sam House Farm

In the Brooder
Jul 3, 2015
Hi, I'm Dave.
I live with my wife Helen and daughter Alice at Sam House Farm, in the heart of North Yorkshire (England).
We've had hens for a few years but have decided to try to raise some chicks.
It's a near vertical learning curve!
I hope to find the answers here.

Welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif

Lots of great information here. I have been raising chickens for almost 40 years, and I am learning so much from everyone. Join in, and ask questions. Use what works for you. You will find others here from the UK. (My godmother is way south of you, down in Surrey, but the Internet closes the gap!).

Again, Welcome! And enjoy your peeps!
jumpy.gif

Hopefully Yorkshire Coop will be around to greet you. She is a great person to know and very knowledgeable. BTW I do wish to welcome you to Backyard Chickens, hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Hi :welcome Dave from East Yorkshire

Glad you could join the flock! Raising chicks is a fantastic experience, lots of fun and very rewarding. What breed/s do you have? I have all polish barring an Amber hen called Ginny. I've got 25 chicks at the moment. 21 polish that are 2 weeks and 4 Amber x polish that are 6 weeks. Oh and a broody polish sitting on 4 eggs that are imminently due this weekend. Are you using an incubator or hen? It's great using an incubator as you can see them hatch. It's an amazing thing to watch as they emerge into the world.

Wishing you the very best of luck and be sure to ask any questions that you may have. Everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

ETA ~ I've just read through your other posts. I have an incubator I'm willing to sell if your not too far away? Needs a little babysitting, but does the job. PM me if your interested.

Last edited:
Hi Dave, welcome to BYC!

Don't be too concerned about a "learning curve", I think there is always something new to learn...that's part of what makes poultry so interesting.

It's nice to have you here. Make yourself at home, ask questions, share pictures, post stories, just jump in.

frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom