Greetings from the Great State of Texas!

PippasMom

Hatching
7 Years
Aug 6, 2012
Hello to everyone!
I have browsed this site many times and found answers to nearly all my chicken questions! But today decided to join in on the fun and maybe make a few new friends! I have 8 beautiful Rhode Island Reds that I raised from chicks, I think they are hybrid! When we got them from Tractor Supply we were not told they were hybrids. I was puzzled about the color, very light, except one who was the dark red! I will post a pic later (most are on my phone) and maybe someone can give me the answer. We are in the process of building a bigger coop/shed, very excited for it to be finished. So.... hello to everyone and glad to be here!

Welcome to BYC from Jacksonville!!!!!!
You might have some New Hampshire Reds which look similar but are lighter in color. They lay nice big eggs and at least mine is sweet. My RIR is not as friendly. Mine loved the freeze dried worms I got from TSC.

They are a lot of fun.

Enjoy

welcome-byc.gif

Caroline from Jacksonville

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Greetings from Kansas, PippasMom, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Happy you joined us. Yes, you will read many accounts of farm and ranch stores selling birds that turn out to be different from what was advertised. Best of luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom