Greetings from TX

Medievalmom

Chirping
6 Years
May 17, 2015
Texas
Hello fellow enthusiasts. Although Im a new member, I have utilized BYC for a few years now. Its been very informative and helpful on my chicken raising journey. Although I have been around chickens for a long time, I started my own little flock last year. Currently I have 5 birds: Periwinkle (white Guinea fowl), Raven (Barred rock hen), Vixen (Production red hen), Napoleon and Josephine (Cubalaya bantam rooster and hen). I must admit they all enjoy time indoors every day. They are very spoiled and love to be held. Besides the birds, my family also includes hubby, 4 kids ranging from 15-21, 5 dogs plus 3 grand-doggies (belong to the oldest 2), 2 cats, 2 beardies, guinea pig, dumbo eared rat, cockatiel, parakeet, sulcata tortoise, a tank of crawfish, 3 betas, and a bunch of tropical fish. That is all
jumpy.gif

You've really gone to the dogs, and other animals but in your case it sounds like a very good thing. Welcome to Backyard chickens, glad you joined the flock.

That's ALL????
ep.gif
LOL,sounds like you stay busy. Wore me out reading all those critters, hahahaha. Welcome. I just joined today also, after using the site for a while. Look forward to encouraging others and learning so much more. I don't have experience like you, but we share the same love of those gals!

Thank you Diva, I look forward to furthering my journey and sharing experiences with other like minded folks.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

My, sounds like you have a lot of critters keeping you busy! I like the chickens in your avatar. Very pretty!
smile.png
I also love the names you have given you flock, especially Periwinkle and Vixen. I too, have five hens named Gracie, Sunny, Daisy, (all buff orps) Quanie (EE) and Rosie (speckled sussex). I also have a lazy, affectionate poodle and a lively, annoying guinea pig.
lol.png

Good luck with your animals and welcome to our flock! Feel free to ask any questions you may have. See you around BYC
frow.gif

lol Thats all for now. Youngest is in Ag and FFA and is getting her first goat this summer and a batch of 25 chicks to raise. Should prove to be interesting!! Nice to meet you, and thank you for the welcome!

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. :frow
That's quite the menagerie. But I too, have a lot of critters. Good luck with them all!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Which part of Texas are you in? My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with all your animals.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. To answer Michaels question, we are now in San Antonio. Although we didnt want to be here initially, Texas has really grown on us and we are retiring here now
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom