Greetings from VA!

Little One

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 9, 2011
SE Virginia
Hello everyone, my name is Jessica. I have been browsing these forum pages ever since I started with my first chicks this March, and have finally now decided since I'm here so often, I should start participating! There are 9 hens and a surprise rooster in our little flock. Two red sex links, 1 black sex link, 1 silver laced wyandotte, 1 barred plymouth, 1 white plymouth, 1 ameraucana, 2 rhode island red hens + 1 RIR rooster (named Wormy, poor guy. That was before we knew we had a boy.) They free range during the day, and have a pen as well as coop for night. So rewarding getting 6-7 eggs a day! Two girls are having health problems though. Penny, a red sex link, at about 5 months old developed a neck that was tucked back off to one side and over several weeks slowly grew weaker and could barely walk. We took her in and hand fed her mash and vitamins (learned by reading posts here!) and now the neck is almost back to normal, she still stumbles or tips over occasionally, but still provides her egg everyday. Now our little Pheasant, the ameraucana, has suddenly started to get very tipsy, losing her balance if she lifts a foot to scratch. She is sleeping on the coop floor because she can't balance on the perch.
sad.png
I am worried these two incidents are related and this is something contagious? But all that aside, I am looking forward to being a part of this forum. Good night!

welcome-byc.gif
from the Finger Lakes of New York! Glad you joined us. You probably want to post this in the Emergencies / Disease / Illness section for the best answers.

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom