Grey and buff sebastopol goslings?

What do you think the color will be? It would be so awesome if I ended up with buffs, whites, dark grey, lavender and one that appears to have grey on the tail end. Thanks!

Sorry, I don't know the names of the colors or anything; it's not something I've paid much attention to. I just know combining my white breed with my buff breed often results in that soft grey color. As to what it will look like, what you're seeing now is the what I expect you'll wind up with - that pretty, soft powdery grey, whatever it's called. I don't know how the color genetics work at all, so everything i say can be taken with a grain of salt, but if it's at all like my birds, it's possible it could turn patchy, with that color interspersed with buff and/or white feathering. If it's going to be patchy, you'll see that growing in with the feathers. The goose pictured below had nothing but the lavendar looking feathers coming in early on, when it seemed like overnight he suddenly had small hints of other colors coming in amongst the soft grey and wound up looking like this.

20230814_155303.jpg

20230814_155219.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't know the names of the colors or anything; it's not something I've paid much attention to. I just know combining my white breed with my buff breed often results in that soft grey color. As to what it will look like, what you're seeing now is the what I expect you'll wind up with - that pretty, soft powdery grey, whatever it's called. I don't know how the color genetics work at all, so everything i say can be taken with a grain of salt, but if it's at all like my birds, it's possible it could turn patchy, with that color interspersed with buff and/or white feathering. If it's going to be patchy, you'll see that growing in with the feathers. The goose pictured below had nothing but the lavendar looking feathers coming in early on, when it seemed like overnight he suddenly had small hints of other colors coming in amongst the soft grey and wound up looking like this.

View attachment 3830841
View attachment 3830847
WOW I didn’t see this picture! I’ve never seen this before. I’ve seen white, buff, grey, dilute grey “which might be called lavender as I said in my last comment but I’m not sure” but I haven’t seen one with grey AND buff at the same time.

I love this color mix. I’ve heard it called pied, or splash. You get there the same way (White x Buff). I crossed an Embden Gander to some of my Buff females and have similar looking birds. Seems they do get better with age.
IMG_1718.jpeg
IMG_1731.jpeg

WOW I didn’t see this picture! I’ve never seen this before. I’ve seen white, buff, grey, dilute grey “which might be called lavender as I said in my last comment but I’m not sure” but I haven’t seen one with grey AND buff at the same time.

After reading the thread I linked to above, I was wondering about this. I've gotten several of these "patchwork" geese from my birds so far, but I couldn't find any pictures of it from other sources. I assumed most people posting pictures of their geese aren't posting crosses.

Back
Top Bottom