Grey/blue on comb

Chickie77

Chirping
14 Years
Dec 16, 2009
This little lady has started to show some blue/grey on the end of her comb, mostly in the morning but sometimes all day…maybe heat related, but not really sure. Any ideas what might be going on?

Attachments

• 752F6981-7A2F-4076-85E8-AED4832F066E.jpeg
    752F6981-7A2F-4076-85E8-AED4832F066E.jpeg
    502 KB · Views: 8
This little lady has started to show some blue/grey on the end of her comb, mostly in the morning but sometimes all day…maybe heat related, but not really sure. Any ideas what might be going on?
Its like that because her comb is so big its circulation gets cut off, it is also like that more in cooler weather.

My rooster has a two inch high comb, about 3" long. The back few points have been blueish too. I guess circulation also? No injuries I can see, it's in the 80s here, he's a RIR mix.

Its like that because her comb is so big its circulation gets cut off, it is also like that more in cooler weather.
She does have a huge comb! Comforting to know it's probably nothing I need to worry about. Thank you :)

My rooster has a two inch high comb, about 3" long. The back few points have been blueish too. I guess circulation also? No injuries I can see, it's in the 80s here, he's a RIR mix.
Yeah, I was reading through a thread the site suggested to me and it sounds like as long as the blue comes and goes and doesn't cover the whole comb, it's not really an indication of any trouble. Relieved! I love this little chicken so much.

Back
Top Bottom