Grey Jungle Fowl

hey guys its Austin again was wondering if anyone had an extra cock bird for sale looking for grey jungle fowl preferable at a young age if available and for a good price thank you and have a great night everyone
-AUSTIN

Does anyone have a location or website I can go to...to get a red jungle fowl hen and does anyone know if a red rooster will breed with a gray hen if so if you have a gray hen or a red hen is it for sale??

Does anyone have a location or website I can go to...to get a red jungle fowl hen and does anyone know if a red rooster will breed with a gray hen if so if you have a gray hen or a red hen is it for sale??

When you cross a grey with a red it is possible but it will not be fertil like a mule but it is a rare chance you can get a fertil one but the cross is very possible

The hybrid will be fertile, there is lots of evedence there is a small amount of grey jungle DNA in all domestic chickens, in fact where humans live near wild grey jungle fowl populations they are going extinct as a pure species because in the wild a male grey jungle fowl will only mate with a pure grey hen but a hybrid and a domestic chicken will mate with a hybrid or a pure hen, leaving less and less pure hens every year so the species is disappearing from areas where the humans cohabitation. In captivity a male will accept a substitute, but in captivity animals often exhibit unusual behavior not seen in the wild.

It is future generations that do not have crosses of pure blood, for instance breeding just hybrid back to hybrid that the chicks become unable to continue as a viable line.

By the way, mules can be fertile, though rare, recent studies put the number up to close to about 10% in females and no one knows in males because they are castrated at birth because an uncastrated jack is very aggressive so they are never left intact.

Yes, it is future generations where the genetics break down. If you keep breeding hybrid to hybrid you can't get past 4-5 generations before the chicks become weak, infertility becomes a problem and health issues plague the bloodline. And this happens if you are using non related hybrids, from different parental crosses so I'm not talking about brother/sister or father/daughter and mother/son crosses.

Hello . I have for 5 years now had a pair of Grey junglehens, but the hen is now dead and Its impossible to find eggs in Europa. Or bords. Im from DK so i have to Spears for eggs here? Any one ho Can help in Any Way?

Back
Top Bottom