Growing grass in the run

build a 7 by 5.5 foot frame out of 2X4 posts cut to length around here they come in 8 ft lengths. then put an X in the center of that rectangle, then cover on both sides with chicken wire since it is just to separate them not keep out predators. You could put a slide bolt in the center of them to keep them shut and well have to think about how to attach them to the fencing but that should work. I'm saying 7 ft that way there is no way they can just/fly over to the side that you don't want them on.

yeah I had a tarp on top of my ten by ten but I was saying that it would go to the top of the run that way they couldn't go over to the other half that was re growing their grass

Well what I'm thinking of doing is get a role of chicken wire put in some dirt that is up hire than the rest of the run and then plant some grass seed and lay the chicken wire over the seed before it grows and just keep the chickens out of the run while the gas is regrowing

Yes that's sorta what I was meaning but without the wood and just put the wire in the ground somehow maybe stakes and then they can eat the grass but not dig it up

the wood is a good option, however the wire on the ground or up on some short stakes could be pushed over and you would just have some scratched up started grass or they'd eat the seed before it could start

Ya as I would always like to make things better and more interesting for them and instead of walking back and forth wanting out of the run to go into the woods as when we go some where I don't let them out so that's why I'm looking to do this

Back
Top Bottom