Grubbly feed - thoughts?

EveningPrayer

Chirping
May 13, 2022
There’s ads for Grubbly feed everywhere, so I’m curious. We have six new chicks, but it’s been seven years since we raised chickens. So much has changed! I always remember thinking it was odd that feeds would brag they were “vegetarian.” Chickens love insects and seem healthier as omnivores, no? So the bragging seemed illogical. A feed with insects makes sense to me, but I would love to hear from people actually using it. Thanks for any feedback!

I think it looks fairly high quality. I like to go for an Organic feed, which Grubby Isn't, a big reason I haven't tried it yet, but quality of the grains and feed in general is just as important to me. Only thing I noticed from looking at it in the past, is that its almost like a mix between a whole grain feed, and a pelleted feed? Where some of the feed is pelleted, and some is whole grain, than its mixed together? I really like the whole grain feed I'm currently using, its not hard to soak/ferment. I don't mind pellets either since it can be fed free choice. The problem with the combined, is that you don't really want to ferment pellets, but you need to ferment or at least soak the whole grain feed so they wont pick through it. Maybe it would be fine to soak grubby feeds, just not ferment it? Or maybe its fine to ferment the pellets, just not ideal?
Otherwise, I loved the look of it in the past, seems high quality for sure.

There’s ads for Grubbly feed everywhere, so I’m curious. We have six new chicks, but it’s been seven years since we raised chickens. So much has changed! I always remember thinking it was odd that feeds would brag they were “vegetarian.” Chickens love insects and seem healthier as omnivores, no? So the bragging seemed illogical. A feed with insects makes sense to me, but I would love to hear from people actually using it. Thanks for any feedback!
I use Grubblies

I did a lot of research on this and I decided that chicken main food is bugs and then greens and naturally they would never eat corn or soy and rarely rice or oat cause it’s just not natural. Grubblies is the closest to normal diet.

As for organic they are growing their Grubbs so they can’t use the term organic because of government guidelines …. So organic but wrong materials vs responsibly grown
Seemed obvious

So far no issues except the powder stuff the happens. I have learned to mix it with water or applesauce and they eat it that way

I use Grubblies

I did a lot of research on this and I decided that chicken main food is bugs and then greens and naturally they would never eat corn or soy and rarely rice or oat cause it’s just not natural. Grubblies is the closest to normal diet.

As for organic they are growing their Grubbs so they can’t use the term organic because of government guidelines …. So organic but wrong materials vs responsibly grown
Seemed obvious

So far no issues except the powder stuff the happens. I have learned to mix it with water or applesauce and they eat it that way
Where do you buy Grubblies from? I agree with your thoughts that it is as close to a natural diet as possible, thats what I strive for for my poultry. I would love to switch my birds to it since the price on my normal feed has skyrocketed.
On their website its 90$ for a 60 pound bag. :thWay more expensive than I can afford. Do you have a source that is cheeper, or is your flock small enough that that is affordable.

Back
Top Bottom