Guess what I am getting today!!!!!!

plester01

Songster
12 Years
Jul 23, 2007
Foreman,AR
Guess what I am getting today! I am getting an Incubator!! A neighbor of mine is giving me a practically brand new incubator that has only been used one time. I have never had one before and I am excited to use it. But I think that I will wait until spring. What do you all think. Should I wait or should I go ahead. I do not have electricity out at the chicken pens. I do have a brooder but dont think that chicks could stay in that until spring. What do yall think.

woot.gif
woot.gif

Now you will have TONS of chickies running around
clap.gif
clap.gif

I think its up to you if you hatch now or wait till spring. All depends on your set up and if you want to deal with babies in the cold !!
Either way, good luck
fl.gif
fl.gif

Well I was thinking about waiting until I went out to feed the flock. My DH pen was wide open, the door was just flapping in the wind. His Roo was waiting to get back in but the girls are missing. My poor DH only has 2 roos and one hen now. I bet he will want to hatch some more. So I will be looking for some eggs. Preferably game eggs. He has a red something or other and a grey hatch.

Congrats on the bator, you are going to have lots of fun.

If you don't have electric in your pen, and they can't live in your brooder do not hatch until spring. You need to provide heat for them for a long period in winter. I keep mine with heat forever, probably at least 12 weeks. I just don't want them to get cold and die after all the work you put into them
smile.png

I agree that is why I was thinking of waiting, my brooder is small. I kept 11 chicks in it untill they were 12 weeks and they were very crowded.

Back
Top Bottom