Ended Guess When BYC Will Reach 500,000 Members!

Pics
The site has been around a LONG time. Theres been A LOT of spam bots too at times.
Awhile back during a previous members contest, it was not uncommon for 50 spam members to get deleted every night. The member count would go up and down like a yo yo.

I had to revise my numbers last night because I got the numbers before a troll got deleted.

Awhile back during a previous members contest, it was not uncommon for 50 spam members to get deleted every night. The member count would go up and down like a yo yo.

I had to revise my numbers last night because I got the numbers before a troll got deleted.
Oh wow! I didn’t realize it was that many.

@casportpony or @Kiki why is the newest members number 682,573 and the home page says we’re at 499,803

https://www.backyardchickens.com/members/comealongbort.682573/
I can answer :)

The number on the homepage is the number that excludes spammers and other deleted accounts.

We get thousands of spammers per year, but years and years ago (on a different platform, and before we had the awesome anti-spammer system we have now) we got hit with thousands and thousands of spammers per day!!!

So, 18 years of lots of spammers, etc. accounts deleted is the reason for the difference.

Back
Top Bottom