Guinea Eggs for the Incubator

whitehorse8

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 8, 2012
Hillsdale, NY
Where is the best place to buy fertile guinea eggs? I have 3 guineas now and my female was laying eggs in my coop, but then she stopped adding to the nest so I removed them. I saved the eggs, but I think they may be too old to incubate now that they are 2+ weeks old? I would really like to hatch some guinea eggs as a project with my boyfriend's son. He seems to like the guinea fowl much more than any of the chickens we have! Thanks!

Last edited:
Let me ask my husband if he can share any of our guinea eggs.... Our guineas all run together....I believe he's probably hatched enough guineas....but he may think differently.
smile.png

They aren't cheap, but I've learned you can buy guinea eggs at strombergschicken.com. They are $40.00 for a dozen, but that includes shipping. If you want a specific color only, it might be worth the money, otherwise - nah. They also have "mixed batches" that I think are cheaper, but not by much.

we have guineas and if you are interested next time we find a nest i can ship some to you $15 for shipping.
and lets say $10 for the eggs
pm if you would be interested

I would love to buy eggs from someone on here! I don't want to pay $40 for a dozen eggs from Strombergs, because it's a project to try to hatch them and I don't care what breed(s) we get. I can buy keets for $3 each locally, but that's not the point - I'm trying to find something I can do with a 12 year old boy to have some bonding time - something we can work on together and hopefully get him more interested in the animals as well.

HOLY EGGS!!! I can't believe you have so many!! And I know, $40 a dozen is just plain nuts for the backyard farm with no breed preference, etc. I did find a place that sells the eggs for 50 cents each, but they are booked with orders for the season already. Otherwise I'd put 25-30 in the incubator and see what happens! I'm just so mad that I had my own guinea eggs and didn't get to them fast enough .... although I'm still tempted to put them in the incubator and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom