Guinea eggs

Quote:
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif

LOL once you get the hang of cracking open Guineas eggs it's easy, but if/when you happen to need to use some regular chicken eggs, I've found (with myself anyway) that there's a tendency of using a little too much force and making a mess out of them, being so used to craking open the Guineas eggs
lau.gif

Thank you guys for the info and photos - I've been wondering what I ought to expect when it comes to trying the guinea eggs. I love to try new and different varieties of foods, so naturally I am excited about it. I know for certain of the three I currently have at least one is female. They just started making their gender-based vocalizations about a week ago.

@stoopid, are they as hard or harder-shelled than turkey eggs? Not an issue for me either way, but it could prove a new source of hilarity with friends who complain about how "impossible" the turkey eggs are to crack at breakfast.

Last edited:
I love eating the guinea eggs. I leaned a board up in the run and made a little secret corner for them in the coop and that is where they like to lay their eggs. If I let them out too much they will find a place in the bushes somewhere and it takes some stealth to follow and find them.

Wow I am subscribed to two topics about guinea Eggs.... I guess I will post my question here as well.

I was wondering..... Since chickens do an Egg Song, do Guineas do an egg song or are they stealth layers. And if they do what does it sound like.... Loud like an alarm? or quiet like they do when they talk amongst themselves.

pop.gif
caf.gif

They are about the same, but since they are smaller, it's just difficult to get a good spot on them for the break. Almost like a bantam egg vs a chickens, not the hardness, but just positioning it for the impact spot.

perchie.girl :

Wow I am subscribed to two topics about guinea Eggs.... I guess I will post my question here as well.

I was wondering..... Since chickens do an Egg Song, do Guineas do an egg song or are they stealth layers. And if they do what does it sound like.... Loud like an alarm? or quiet like they do when they talk amongst themselves.

pop.gif
caf.gif

I answered you on the other post.. lol​

Back
Top Bottom