guinea hen laying multiple eggs?

angelobutter

Songster
9 Years
Jul 27, 2010
Cornish NH
ok so here is a weird one... at least to me, maybe I have just never heard of it before, My guinea hen usually lays one egg a day. she is the only guinea hen I have and she is in with my chickens. last week she skipped a day but the next day there were two eggs, I assumed she just laid one later and one earlier the next day so i just missed it the day before. a day later - no egg, and i check again right before closing them in for the night, still no egg. next morning i collect the chicken eggs and there is no guinea egg... but i am determined to figure this out so i check again at 10:00 am .TWO EGGS!.... Then there is three days where there are no eggs... check this morning around 9:00 THREE EGGS, and when i got back from church around 2:30 ANOTHER egg!!!! what the heck- is it possible for her to do this?? They are definitely guinea eggs, I can obviously tell the difference between chicken and guinea eggs. and she is the only guinea i have. below is a picture of my eggs from just today from my 7 laying hens and my 1 guinea hen (she lays them on the ground under the roost which is why they are so dirty)

Last edited:
yes i think i see 4 Guinea eggs there

is that really just today?

call Guinness world records you may just have your Guinea in there for most eggs laid

Last edited:
FOUR in a day! Since the days have been so long we have two RIR's that have been laying an egg about every 12 hours... The shells are getting thinners so I do wonder if it's hard to them.

I have a french Guinea that lays two a day just about every day too. She always lays doesn't miss a day either. I don't know much about them I just bought them for the extra protection they provide for my chickens.

Back
Top Bottom