Guinea talk.

I am not for sure but I think Mary Jane is laying. Their not spotted like they were last year but a tannish color and they've got the pointy end on top. The chickens have been laying on the floor under her table and she is laying there too. I think she counting the chicken eggs as hers too.

wee.gif

Are those the geese that have the wedding dress feathers?  Oh my gosh you are so lucky girl.Peacocks too while you will have to take plenty of pics.  

I am not for sure but I think Mary Jane is laying.  Their not spotted like they were last year but a tannish color and they've got the pointy end on top.  The chickens have been laying on the floor under her table and she is laying there too.  I think she counting the chicken eggs as hers too.  

sorry, accidentally hit submit while trying to type. The spots show up well if you press the end of a flashlight to the egg and light up the inside. You can usually see even the fainter spots.

Are those the geese that have the wedding dress feathers?  Oh my gosh you are so lucky girl.Peacocks too while you will have to take plenty of pics.  

I am not for sure but I think Mary Jane is laying.  Their not spotted like they were last year but a tannish color and they've got the pointy end on top.  The chickens have been laying on the floor under her table and she is laying there too.  I think she counting the chicken eggs as hers too.  

You'll have to keep us posted on Mary Jane and the eggs! Maybe she will raise both keets and chicks!:)
I usually know when my guineas are laying because they make a huge racket each time they lay an egg. It's not the usual buckwheat or alarm sound that they normally do....it's like a distressed chicken making a crazy high pitched "cluck-cluck" sound. It's very loud and can go on for quite some time. I'm not sure if this is the norm, but almost all of my hens do it. :idunno

Last edited:
You'll have to keep us posted on Mary Jane and the eggs! Maybe she will raise both keets and chicks!
smile.png

I usually know when my guineas are laying because they make a huge racket each time they lay an egg. It's not the usual buckwheat or alarm sound that they normally do....it's like a distressed chicken making a crazy high pitched "cluck-cluck" sound. It's very loud and can go on for quite some time. I'm not sure if this is the norm, but almost all of my hens do it.
idunno.gif

Oh you should let ludwing know about that. He started a thread about the egg laying call. I haven't had that experience with mine yet, but maybe this spring - and it's coming soon!

quick question... I got my 4 guineas in May of last year they were already 8 weeks old, should they start laying this year? I know I have a couple females out of the bunch. Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom