Guinea talk.

haha I can't wait.. thinking about putting some eggs in the incubator :)

I may be joining you on that quest. My first choice would be to have them lay in the coop / barn, but I'm prepared with two incubators as well. Looking forward to it either way!
jumpy.gif

They are her eggs I cracked one and it's alot harder to crack then the duck and chicken eggs. I am pulling the chicken eggs out of the pile they hatch sooner then the guineas so I don't want her giving up the nest to raise the chickens and let the guinea eggs sit. She doesn't do the egg song when she gets up. I know I have some strange guineas.

You all know how I've told about Spiderman and Mary Jane claiming a chair in the livingroom. Well they were outside and the neighbors got a new chair out of their van and sit it on the sidewalk before they carried it into the house. Spiderman and Mary Jane were so excited when they saw that chair. They paced the fence running back and forth looking at the chair. They loved that chair and could just picture it sitting in the coop. Sadly the neighbors carried it into their house as they stood and stared at it. They are characters.

They are her eggs I cracked one and it's alot harder to crack then the duck and chicken eggs.  I am pulling the chicken eggs out of the pile they hatch sooner then the guineas so I don't want her giving up the nest to raise the chickens and let the guinea eggs sit.  She doesn't do the egg song when she gets up.  I know I have some strange guineas.  

You all know how I've told about Spiderman and Mary Jane claiming a chair in the livingroom.  Well they were outside and the neighbors got a new chair out of their van and sit it on the sidewalk before they carried it into the house.  Spiderman and Mary Jane were so excited when they saw that chair.  They paced the fence running back and forth looking at the chair.  They loved that chair and could just picture it sitting in the coop.  Sadly the neighbors carried it into their house as they stood and stared at it.  They are characters.  

Was the chair black? I have to ask because my Guineas love black colored things like cars, trucks, chairs, etc. We have a black car, a white car, and a tan colored truck. My guineas love to hang out on my husband's black car, but won't go anywhere near any of the other vehicles! Luckily, his car is old because they've scratched it all up. The other day, we had someone with a black truck stop by our house. As soon as he got in the house, all of my guineas landed on his truck. I ran out and shoo'd them off so hopefully they didn't damage it! I wondered if anyone else had a similar experience with guineas having a preference for different colors?

Oh you should let ludwing know about that.  He started a thread about the egg laying call.  I haven't had that experience with mine yet, but maybe this spring - and it's coming soon!

Thanks for the info! I couldn't find that particular thread by that person, but I did find quite a few others regarding chickens and laying calls. Most people seem to call it the "egg song". I've never had chickens so I wondered if they made a similar noise before laying. I couldn't find anything specifically regarding guineas, but I'm thinking it must be the same thing.

Chickens have what everybody calls the egg song. After they lay they have to tell the whole world they laid an egg. The rooster usually pitches in to with his song too. It can last up to a half an hour.

The chair was blue but they wanted that chair so bad. We park in the street on the other side of their fence or I'm sure they would probably be up on the car or the truck. We have races with the car. I roll down the window and tell Spiderman let's race and he runs along the fence line trying to beat the car. We always let him win and he really thinks he can outrun the car.

Was the chair black? I have to ask because my Guineas love black colored things like cars, trucks, chairs, etc. We have a black car, a white car, and a tan colored truck. My guineas love to hang out on my husband's black car, but won't go anywhere near any of the other vehicles! Luckily, his car is old because they've scratched it all up. The other day, we had someone with a black truck stop by our house. As soon as he got in the house, all of my guineas landed on his truck. I ran out and shoo'd them off so hopefully they didn't damage it! I wondered if anyone else had a similar experience with guineas having a preference for different colors?

Now that you mention it, they really like my husband's truck - it's a dark navy. I think they like my silver car too, but it's not usually parked outside. If they can see a resemblance of themselves in the side panels, they are happy and I have to watch them because they will peck at the doors and tire rims. Thankfully our cars are old so I don't worry about it too much, but I don't want them to peck at other people's vehicles when they visit. I'd be interested to hear if others have observed color preferences.

Chickens have what everybody calls the egg song. After they lay they have to tell the whole world they laid an egg. The rooster usually pitches in to with his song too. It can last up to a half an hour.

The chair was blue but they wanted that chair so bad. We park in the street on the other side of their fence or I'm sure they would probably be up on the car or the truck. We have races with the car. I roll down the window and tell Spiderman let's race and he runs along the fence line trying to beat the car. We always let him win and he really thinks he can outrun the car.

I'll have to listen for that egg song, Patty. That's cute that they staked a claim on that chair. I'll be they raised a ruckus when that chair went inside. I can just hear that anxious pacing trill call they make that keeps escalating with their stress level. Along with being Walmart greeters, they could open an interior decorating business! Maybe you could get them a show on HGTV!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom