Guinea talk.

My guineas have a not-so-secret nest in our brush pile. We keep switching the eggs out for golf balls, and they haven'tfigured it out yet. Some 'smart' guineas are even trying to hatch the golf balls!
1f605.png

P.S. My brother was hitting a golf ball around the yard, and he accidentally hit one of my leghorns!
1f620.png
She is okay, just a little startled!

I know what my chicken eggs feel like and look like, I have bantam cochins with them. This was in the straw not the nest box it is smooth and has little brown dots lightly throughout. When clanking chicken eggs together it well clanks when I did the same with the guinea egg it sounded like porcelain. I know it isn't a triangle but it was her first egg ever, give her a break. My hens never lay outside the nesting boxes this is a guinea egg. Here is a picture with a chicken egg on the bottom also my chicken eggs aren't as brown as this egg

I know what my chicken eggs feel like and look like, I have bantam cochins with them. This was in the straw not the nest box it is smooth and has little brown dots lightly throughout. When clanking chicken eggs together it well clanks when I did the same with the guinea egg it sounded like porcelain. I know it isn't a triangle but it was her first egg ever, give her a break. My hens never lay outside the nesting boxes this is a guinea egg. Here is a picture with a chicken egg on the bottom also my chicken eggs aren't as brown as this egg

Looks like two chicken eggs to me.

Bit of a bittersweet note today. I sold two turkey toms today, both went to good homes with lots and lots of land new girls and happy new owners.

My guinea girls are starting to get curious about the nesting areas i and james have placed in the barn. I used an old oil burning barrel cut that we had laying around it is maybe 2ft tall and i find the guineas laying in it, and my turkey girls and chickens have been laying eggs in it, as well as 4 stackable baskets for chicken and guinea nests.

Last edited:
Looks like two chicken eggs to me.
from the texture (feel) of the egg and the brown specks and that it was laid in the straw I really feel it is a guinea egg, I hope it is, I will be looking for more from my girls maybe I'm wrong but I honestly don't think I am... I know my chicken eggs
lol.png

Bit of a bittersweet note today. I sold two turkey toms today, both went to good homes with lots and lots of land new girls and happy new owners.

My guinea girls are starting to get curious about the nesting areas i and james have placed in the barn. I used an old oil burning barrel cut that we had laying around it is maybe 2ft tall and i find the guineas laying in it, and my turkey girls and chickens have been laying eggs in it, as well as 4 stackable baskets for chicken and guinea nests.

Looks great I like the burning barrel idea, I might have to steal that lol

Back
Top Bottom