Guinea talk.

Thanks. They are adorable! If I put my hand in by them, lucky comes running and snuggles under my hand! Another egg is cracked and starting to hatch, so I might be up to ten!

OH, I love it when they snuggle under your hand. They must think it's their mama. So cute and we get the benefits of the snuggle. That would be great if you are up to 10. Good luck! So exciting! Enjoy!

So there was an issie with howlie. We had her with four light brahma chicks fully feathered, one turkey poult, a few bantam chickens and maggie blind rooster x.x thought hen until sickle feathers began to grow.
But anyway, once we added howlie, mini, mrs. big mouth plus the four blues to the flock the chickens pounded on howlie as she covered everyone else, a few days of this and it calmed down. I separated the poult and put him into the divider in the barn with the older crew who put his bossy behaviour in check, but now howlie cowers and trembles at the sight of the chickens and turkey. So what i did was put her with LeAnn and they bonded over night, score for momma bird. But as the jumbos began to hatch i had them in a clear toat so they would get used to howlie and LeAnn.
Being they are nearly a week old already and James bought me six Cuckoo Marans and six Cornish crosses we needed to merge.
I cleaned out a larger container put shavings on the bottom and now all the jumbos, LeAnn and Howlie are together. Howlie is so submissive she lets them run all over her, ruffle her tail to encourage her to lay down and everything. Howlie is well over a month if not two months old by now and is so ginger around the smaller keets. And i am at my wits end on reuniting her with Mini and Mrs. Big mouth, the blues and the chickens she hates so much.
IMG_20170813_233001.jpg
IMG_20170813_233005.jpg

Goofy jumbos got stuck in the feeder wholes so i had to take the lid off.
IMG_20170813_200217.jpg

And the cucus and the cornish
IMG_20170813_200159.jpg
IMG_20170813_200207.jpg

Last night, one of my guineas who had disappeared about a month ago returned to the coop! I figured she was a goner because of all the predators around. I now have 8 outside and 10 keets in the house!

I have 5 roosters, no hens, these 5 have been with us for 2 or 3 years. they were adults when I got them. they get along just fine.
no girls to fight over.
even when I had 30+ , I never bothered to sort the boys and girls. usually they pair off .

20170816_160929.jpg
The two little babies I got are getting big! Hubby let me keep them in a open cage in house on a divider wall so they are at eye level. Lots of talking, handling, and meal worms have gone a long way to liking us! You guys were right about the lavender I think. Not sure about the other. Purple or grey.
20170816_160701.jpg

View attachment 1112470 The two little babies I got are getting big! Hubby let me keep them in a open cage in house on a divider wall so they are at eye level. Lots of talking, handling, and meal worms have gone a long way to liking us! You guys were right about the lavender I think. Not sure about the other. Purple or grey.
View attachment 1112468
Awww....they are so cute! The first picture definitely looks like a pearl gray.
Great job in taming them! :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom