Guinea talk.

Not guineas, but have to share just because they are too darn cute and make me hopeful that spring will arrive before too long!

Attachments

• IMG_8791.JPG
    IMG_8791.JPG
    381 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8796.JPG
    IMG_8796.JPG
    275.7 KB · Views: 2
@dan26552 super congrats! Still waiting here for the snow to melt, but others in the area who keep their coops lit are getting eggs. I'm guessing I have about a month to go. Are you going to incubate?
Thanks. :D I got my first one on the third. My coop is lit because I the chickens too. :p
Well I hope you get eggs soon. I’ve already got 10 in the bator. :p

Nothing prettier than the classic pearls...
Yeah, they are pretty. I miss my lavander though. I don’t know what happened, he was fine one morning and dropped dead three hours later. :confused: no one else died or showed signs of being sick. :confused: It was one of the strangest things. I couldn’t find anything wrong on his insides either. That was about October/November.

I'm getting possibly two more guineas, females to help my male guinea stop being such a jerk to the roosters and hens. He's really a terror, and it was recommended to me that I get him some females. So, I'm getting some for free from a friend who has a flock of like 50 or more. It's gonna be hard to tell which are females, I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER MALE.
I know I have to keep them locked up for awhile, but can I put the male in there with them soon after, or will it be a bloody battle? How does one integrate guineas? I really want them to be a happy family

Back
Top Bottom