Guineas aren't being guineas!

keatonskeets

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 2, 2009
Middle Tennessee
What would you do? I have ten 14-week-old guineas that share a coop and run with a barred rock cockerel, 8 pullets, and two ducklings. They have all been in the coop together for about 9 weeks and have been in the run for about 4. Outside of the run, there are TONS ticks and other bugs (I got 52 ticks in an hour), PLUS a freshwater spring. But, the guineas just don't want to fly out of the run. The fence is only 4' tall. How can I get them to free range?

I think they will fly out when they are ready... thats what mine did... dont remember how many weeks old. Just one night they started sleeping at the top of the chichen run and eventually they learned to fly out and free range, then fly back up and sleep at night....... they will be 23 weeks tomorrow

they probably wont fly out cause they think the chickens are part of they're flock so they will stick with them 95% of the time.

i would keep them separate if you dont free range your chickens.

I had to take the run away from my guineas to get them to free range. I actually just put the peafowl in it and the guineas were okay with that. Now they sleep in trees.

Back
Top Bottom