Guineas?

I think the UPS man just needs to grow a pair. Guineas don't attack humans, but they sure do make a lot of noise when a new one in a huge brown truck drives up.

I love my guineas. We train them as therapy flocks, They are really smarter than people think, if given a chance and direction.
Here is a quick video I made for you to show him. Now remember these are just babies but they are well on their way of being trained.

[FONT=arial, helvetica, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I really, really want to get some guineas next spring because we have a major tick and snake problem here on our farm in Eastern Washington. However I also have my photography studio on our property, so I'm concerned about two things. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] 1) is noise, how loud are they? I'm fairly tolerant, I don't mind my roosters, and some people might call them loud. But I don't want my newborn sessions or client phone calls to be interrupted by a cacophony.
2) are they going to be harassing clients as they stop by the studio or when I'm outside on the property taking pictures?[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Our property is 30 acres, but it buffers 300 acres of state land to the south, and a 15,000 acre ranch to the north, so we have plenty of space for them to roam.[/FONT]

I really, really want to get some guineas next spring because we have a major tick and snake problem here on our farm in Eastern Washington. However I also have my photography studio on our property, so I'm concerned about two things. 1) is noise, how loud are they? I'm fairly tolerant, I don't mind my roosters, and some people might call them loud. But I don't want my newborn sessions or client phone calls to be interrupted by a cacophony. 2) are they going to be harassing clients as they stop by the studio or when I'm outside on the property taking pictures? Our property is 30 acres, but it buffers 300 acres of state land to the south, and a 15,000 acre ranch to the north, so we have plenty of space for them to roam.
Very loud. There's a guinea at the state fair who will just sit there and call. It echoes, but I'm guessing on a field with a bunch of other Guinneas, imagine a bunch of roosters just crowing all day long, stooping occasionally. I'd say that's an accurate description. On 30 acres though, I don't think you'll be hearing them much Yes and no. Some will, some wont. I'm sure if you find their favorite treat and leave a can of it outside, you can tell them to toss it on the ground and make friends. But then again, your on 30 acres, I doubt your studio will be so fascinating they'll be there constantly. Got to visit a farm w/ Guinneas, so trying my Best ;)

They can be loud... But I have never had a client yet complain.
I also do photography at my home and on the grounds surrounding. The guineas sometimes will follow but I can keep them out of the pics pretty easy.
I have had people actually ask to have them in their background shots.

I had so many ticks before I got my guineas. Now we have only a couple ticks now and then. We have 4 guineas on 1 acre. They do make alot of noise. The males and females have different calls, chit chit call from males and buckewheat call from females. Mine have alerted me to possium and raccoon intruders and also a hawk. I love them. Hubby thinks they make too much noise. I got mine as adults last year and they never attacked me.

thank you guys! i will be getting them at some point, just not sure when. We had a bear take out the coops in the back yard, so we have had to do some shuffling of birds in different pens at the farm, to make room for the surviving birds... Until I get more pens ready, I wont be able to get anything.

Back
Top Bottom