Gutted!! I’ve lost a duckling.

Nf1236

Chirping
Apr 5, 2021
I’ve manage to hatch six duckling from one incubator and had four in the other with two eggs not hatched in there. One has pipped though.
The ones that had hatched had been in there quite quietly for 30 hours and the pipper had started zipping. Anyway about three hours ago the four were making a racket and I thought I had to get them out. I managed to grab all four and quickly get them out in one go. It felt quite dry in there but I didn’t think too much of that as the water tanks were full going by the measures on the side. The hatching one had basically zipped round and was starting to come out so thought my speedy extraction would be ok. Only time I’ve been in there since lockdown.

nope hatching one has died. Have removed it but while doing so noticed that the trays the eggs were on are all clogged with fur. So worried now that this has affected humidity and I left the other ducks in there too long clogging up the gaps in the tray.
Basically I’ve messed up somehow and gutted. I’ve got ten lively ones under the brooder though.

It probably would've died after hatching anyways. It doesn't sound like a personal error to me. I open my incubator during hatch to remove hatchlings all the time. Sorry for your lost duckling though :(
Thanks. This is what I keep trying to tell myself as I’ve read so much now on being quick if have to open incubator and if I took more than three seconds I’d be surprised. Just feeling guilty

Back
Top Bottom