H & H Old Fashioned Chicken Feed

CluckyCharms

Songster
7 Years
Sep 28, 2012
Missouri, but Montana in my dreams
My Coop
My Coop
Has anyone tried H & H Old Fashioned Chicken Feed with their flock and if you've personally tried it what results did it have within your flock? Positives? Negatives?

The ingredients are listed here on their site: http://www.handhsoyfreechickenfeed.com/default.html and I'm looking at the chick starter (since ours are still chicks) and the layer ration for later on.

Input from those who have actually fed this to their chickens would be appreciated.

Thanks! :)

[Edit] I didn't get any replies so I have decided to purchase a bag of the chick starter and see how our chicks do on it versus the MFA the others are being raised on. I'll post any differences (pos or neg) that I notice. 12/1/12

Last edited:
I just bought some this weekend. Mixing it with Texas Natural Feeds chick starter, another soy free and non-gmo feed. They seem to like it. One negative I have seen since starting to feed it is they ended up with engorged crops. Cut back on the amount of it mixed in, about a 1 to 4 ratio. Have not seem their crops get as big as they were the first evening.

If you are wondering why I am mixing it, I started them on Texas Natural. I have also been feeding Texas Natural Feeds to my adult hens, but I noticed soft shells. Other people have noticed it with the layer feed too. I am thinking that maybe the source of calcium they use is not as readily absorbed, even though it is at the same percentage. So I wanted to give them another source of calcium. Will be mixing the two feeds for my hens in the near future as well.

Back
Top Bottom