H

It looks like it is starting to zip. It shouldn't be long after that. Is the chick breathing and making progress at all?? Is the pip moist or is it dry and flaky. It is important to keep the pip moist - it makes it so easier for the chick to make progress - such as pip and continue on to zipping around the egg shell.
If you don't see the chick breathing or making an sort of progress. I would start to help - you can continue breaking the shell gently - small piece by small piece - but if you see any blood or anything like that make sure to stop! The chick could bleed out if you don't and then you really didn't help the chick.

It looks like it is starting to zip. It shouldn't be long after that. Is the chick breathing and making progress at all?? Is the pip moist or is it dry and flaky. It is important to keep the pip moist - it makes it so easier for the chick to make progress - such as pip and continue on to zipping around the egg shell.
If you don't see the chick breathing or making a sort of progress. I would start to help - you can continue breaking the shell gently - small piece by small piece - but if you see any blood or anything like that make sure to stop! The chick could bleed out if you don't and then you really didn't help the chick.
I can’t tell if it’s shrink wrapped.
It’s breathing and opening and closing his beak. However that’s all that’s out. Everything else is still wrapped. It looks wet though

I can’t tell if it’s shrink wrapped.
It’s breathing and opening and closing his beak. However that’s all that’s out. Everything else is still wrapped. It looks wet though
I would just leave it then. When its opening and closing its beak it's trying to break the egg shell. It is still doing well and is definitely still in the running!

Back
Top Bottom