Hamburg thread!

Pics

caral07

Songster
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Ruston Louisiana
I love Hamburgs and have never been able to get any. So I want to see al you guys birds. POST AWAY!!!
lol.png

Here is my Citron Spangled Hamburg named Gracie. She's about nine or ten weeks old. (Those of you who are shaking your heads right now thinking "rooster" can just take a hike.
lol.png
)

She's just getting over an upper respiratory thing so she looks a little ratty in this picture. In person, you can see a beautiful deep green sheen in the dark parts of her feathers.

83253_gracie2.jpg

She is very alert all the time and curious about what I'm doing. She likes to wriggle into the crook of my arm. I've still got her in the house because she thinks she's my baby Campine's mother. When I pick up the little guy and take him out of the cage, Gracie gets upset and flutters around until I put him back.

I love my Hamburg and am very partial to the Citrons. Wish I had another one.

Artie

I've been trying to read up on the breed and I'm at a loss for words - is this breed really that rare? I keep asking myself - How could she end up in a flea market, and then in someone's backyard, then to Craigslist, and no one NOT KNOW what her breed is? I guess I should just shut up and be grateful for such a lucky find, right?

They ARE very dependable layers. My first one didn't lay as quickly but once she did she out lasted the rest of my hens.

Back
Top Bottom