Hands on hatching and help

Ok thanks. Is that the dollar tree or the dollar store lol?
Amy recommended it to me and I love the kind from dollar tree because it's super thin but works great. And I need it to be thin in the 20 so the humidity can rise from the bottom. Friday already mentioned what I was going to say...for me, lockdown was a nightmare in the 20. Depending on if your air is dry or not, it can be really hard to get humidity up. Just FYI, I would definitely lockdown on the 18th so you have some time to play with it if it gives you trouble. With both my wells filled I only hit 40% humidity tops. So you're definitely going to need more. Let me know if you're having trouble and I can give you some tips when the time comes.
Keep getting so behind, sorry... too many threads, lol... Just wanted to show off some Silkies hatched from Ruby... despite us having an awful PO hub between us, 4 hatched out great...
:hugs The route/hub between me and you is terrible!! You did so awesome!
I had to take pics of one of my silkie babies from Ruby tonight for another user I was discussing splash chicks with and since I took them I figured I might as well share here...lol @RubyNala97 this is the one that hatched white and started feathering in grayish: I'm going to try to get some pics of all of them tomorrow in the outside pen, If the weather is better than it was today, so fair warning I'll be spamming the thread with pics probably....lol
Can't wait to see all the pics tomorrow! I really, really am not sure what you have. But I did have a gorgeous splash boy, hatched from Magnolia Silkies. I'm not sure on when I sold him and sent you eggs. He was a beauty, though. Here's his pic...
Everybody's babies are so cute! What incubators do y'all have the best luck with! I have a farm innovators and I have had no luck whatsoever!
I have a brinsea Eco 20 & Eco mini and am using a hova bator 1583 for the first time. Really like all 3! The mini is my fav but it's small. The 20 is extremely stable temp wise but I struggle with keeping humidity. Both are super easy to clean. I've only been using the hova bator a couple weeks, have not hatched in it yet but so far temp & humidity has been great and it's huge.
I have 2 magic flies, 1 brinsea octagon 20 and I'm waiting on a Brinsea mini advance in the mail. :)
The mini is my all time favorite incubator!!! I love the Eco model. I can fit a dozen silkie eggs in it. Perfect temps and humidity.

Amy recommended it to me and I love the kind from dollar tree because it's super thin but works great. And I need it to be thin in the 20 so the humidity can rise from the bottom. Friday already mentioned what I was going to say...for me, lockdown was a nightmare in the 20. Depending on if your air is dry or not, it can be really hard to get humidity up. Just FYI, I would definitely lockdown on the 18th so you have some time to play with it if it gives you trouble. With both my wells filled I only hit 40% humidity tops. So you're definitely going to need more. Let me know if you're having trouble and I can give you some tips when the time comes.
hugs.gif
The route/hub between me and you is terrible!! You did so awesome!
Can't wait to see all the pics tomorrow! I really, really am not sure what you have. But I did have a gorgeous splash boy, hatched from Magnolia Silkies. I'm not sure on when I sold him and sent you eggs. He was a beauty, though.
Here's his pic...

I have a brinsea Eco 20 & Eco mini and am using a hova bator 1583 for the first time. Really like all 3! The mini is my fav but it's small. The 20 is extremely stable temp wise but I struggle with keeping humidity. Both are super easy to clean. I've only been using the hova bator a couple weeks, have not hatched in it yet but so far temp & humidity has been great and it's huge.
The mini is my all time favorite incubator!!! I love the Eco model. I can fit a dozen silkie eggs in it. Perfect temps and humidity.
LOL. I don't know what I have either. It looks more splash to me than anything else, but I am totally in love with it!! I just can't wait to figure out which are girls and boys. Your splash was definitely a beaut!

LOL.  I don't know what I have either. It looks more splash to me than anything else, but I am totally in love with it!! I just can't wait to figure out which are girls and boys. Your splash was definitely a beaut!

I just checked...I sold him the end of February. When did you get your eggs? About a month later, right? So I guess some of the girls could have still be fertile from him....I think?

Omg these silkie pics are my dream chickens $&@&$.

I sucked it up and went in my last americauna. A 10 day looking embryo with dark liquids and slight smell. Sigh. Another 100% failure.

A sane person would stop. But i cant. Ill set the next batch when we get back from vacation in mid july. Id rather stay home now and focus on trouble shooting.
1f644.png

:hugs The route/hub between me and you is terrible!! You did so awesome!
Can't wait to see all the pics tomorrow! I really, really am not sure what you have. But I did have a gorgeous splash boy, hatched from Magnolia Silkies. I'm not sure on when I sold him and sent you eggs. He was a beauty, though.
Here's his pic...

I can't wait to try the mini out. I wasn't going to buy it but I saw some eggs I couldn't live without so then needed another incubator lol. I plan on selling the magic Flys after this and just keeping the Brinseas... :)

I can't wait to try the mini out. I wasn't going to buy it but I saw some eggs I couldn't live without so then needed another incubator lol. I plan on selling the magic Flys after this and just keeping the Brinseas... :)

I can't even emphasis enough how much I love my mini. All my important eggs go in there. In fact, I just locked down my 4 remaining shipped call duck eggs in the mini about 5 mins ago. I well filled put me at 75%.

Omg these silkie pics are my dream chickens $&@&$.

I sucked it up and went in my last americauna. A 10 day looking embryo with dark liquids and slight smell. Sigh. Another 100% failure.

A sane person would stop. But i cant. Ill set the next batch when we get back from vacation in mid july. Id rather stay home now and focus on trouble shooting.
1f644.png

Those silkies can be a reality....I have eggs! ;)

I can't even emphasis enough how much I love my mini. All my important eggs go in there. In fact, I just locked down my 4 remaining shipped call duck eggs in the mini about 5 mins ago. I well filled put me at 75%.
Those silkies can be a reality....I have eggs! ;)

So ive heard... Im very interested. Im trying to find some local pick up options closer to me (wash dc area). But failing that youve got a good rep re shipping and obviously beautiful birds!!

How do you all feel about auto turners vs hand turning? Ive also read about a tilt method in bad air cell situations. This last round i used the auto turner from day 2 up to day 17. (I quit bc the silkie had already internally pipped by day 17). And yes, fat end was up
1f638.png

This batch of eggs is driving me crazy! We are now starting on Day 24. Out of 8 eggs, two piped Day 21: one hatched, one died after piping. Last night another big pip: died after hatching. I just candled the last 5 eggs - ONE has internally piped, and the other 4 are moving, but no pips! I am at a loss!

Back
Top Bottom