Hands on hatching and help

Hi everyone. Just a quick question as I'm peeking in on my "lockdown" eggs. All 4 have drawn down, and this is my first time hatching, therefore first time seeing it. This is a real learning experience for me. I just want to make sure what I am seeing is normal. The eggs have drawn down on one side and then on the opposite side, I thought they had internally pipped at first. However, I think its their back or something that has come up a little over the last air cell line I drew. I can see it rising and falling as they breathe.

Hi everyone. Just a quick question as I'm peeking in on my "lockdown" eggs. All 4 have drawn down, and this is my first time hatching, therefore first time seeing it. This is a real learning experience for me. I just want to make sure what I am seeing is normal. The eggs have drawn down on one side and then on the opposite side, I thought they had internally pipped at first. However, I think its their back or something that has come up a little over the last air cell line I drew. I can see it rising and falling as they breathe.

Were these shipped eggs?

You are correct, that is their back... they've moved into position... :)

Yes, shipped eggs.
Yay!! So, internal pip within 24 hrs normally? And then external within 24 after that...on average?

24 to 48, and 24 to 48... lol... but yes, very close...

Lmfao I know my sanity went out the window the second I started keeping poultry lmao..

I WISH I could say that! :lau

I just candled my one and only polish egg left. It looks like it has drawn down but no pip yet. I'm praying it hatches well since it's the only one that made it.. :(

:fl

And. ..the lady I bought the eggs locally from just messaged to checkhire the hatch was coming and offered to drive over 5 Serama eggs so we can try to hatch it some buddies..she's on her way and told me these are on the house! Yay.

Back
Top Bottom