Hands on hatching and help

Just wanted to update on my call eggs. 4 of the 5 are developing. I'm so excited! Still have a long ways to go but praying a few hatch. Been keeping my humidity at 40 percent even though I have to wet a sponge daily. Have them upright in an egg carton and just started hand turning. Let them sit for 3 days. Hopefully thats helped the detached air cells. Still have a few that look saddle shaped so those will probably need assistance later but I'm just happy at this point to see life!
1f600.png

Thanks everyone!!! It hatched on its own last night before I went to bed.

BYC!! I am doing well. Always hustling...with after school activities, working part time and the like. How are you!?
Glad to see you pop in! LOve your daughter's pics btw. They came out awesome!

So I just had to cull that bloody pip chick!!!
hit.gif
hit.gif
. That's the first time I have ever had to do that.
sad.png
I went to check on it and it had 2 weird slices in the rump and it's intestines were hanging out!!!
hit.gif
. It was a perfect one also! All black allover including toes!!!
sad.png
Sorry to hear that! That sucks big time!

Well, Tuesday I set 24 more silkie eggs. All five days old or less. I can tell 4 of them are going to be clears and there's 2-3 that I just can't tell cause they are too spotty, but most look promising. A couple look weak like they are quitting as soon as starting, but we'll see. I think my fertility has come up. I'd like to be able to sell hatching eggs here locally, so I hope so. I'll know more tomorrow. I hit day 3 tonight and I can usually tell by the end of day 3 what's growing and what's not. I kept 10 chicks out of the last 3 hatches and they are doing good. mostly blues. I plan to sell whatever hatches from these guys.

We have been looking at a place about an hour and half away from here, well, I should say communicating, so far looking has been confined to a drive by and pictures sent, it's a trailer on some land, wooded all the way around. We're talking about doing a land contract. Hoping that it happens before winter. The owner is going to be going into assisted living when a room opens up at the facility. If we do, which is looking pretty positive atm, then I may decide to add a couple ducks next year. And maybe a couple Sebbies.....lol We'll only be about 20-25 minutes from my very best friend whom I hardly get to see because of the distance, and closer to my sister and the town I lived in for 12 years after graduating college, so I am
fl.gif

I recently incubated 6 eggs for the first time and had a 100% hatch rate. I set the eggs at 430p on a Wednesday, expecting them to hatch 3 weeks later... They started hatching early Tuesday morning - technically day 19 still? 4 hatched Tuesday and the other 2 early hours of Wednesday. Did I have my temperature too high and just get lucky that they were healthy, or is it normal to hatch that early? Using Brinsea mini eco if that helps.

I recently incubated 6 eggs for the first time and had a 100% hatch rate. I set the eggs at 430p on a Wednesday, expecting them to hatch 3 weeks later... They started hatching early Tuesday morning - technically day 19 still? 4 hatched Tuesday and the other 2 early hours of Wednesday. Did I have my temperature too high and just get lucky that they were healthy, or is it normal to hatch that early? Using Brinsea mini eco if that helps.

21 days is the norm but they can hatch a day early or late . If all are healthy and hatched without assistance then you did very well .
thumbsup.gif

Well, Tuesday I set 24 more silkie eggs. All five days old or less. I can tell 4 of them are going to be clears and there's 2-3 that I just can't tell cause they are too spotty, but most look promising. A couple look weak like they are quitting as soon as starting, but we'll see. I think my fertility has come up. I'd like to be able to sell hatching eggs here locally, so I hope so. I'll know more tomorrow. I hit day 3 tonight and I can usually tell by the end of day 3 what's growing and what's not. I kept 10 chicks out of the last 3 hatches and they are doing good. mostly blues. I plan to sell whatever hatches from these guys.

We have been looking at a place about an hour and half away from here, well, I should say communicating, so far looking has been confined to a drive by and pictures sent, it's a trailer on some land, wooded all the way around. We're talking about doing a land contract. Hoping that it happens before winter. The owner is going to be going into assisted living when a room opens up at the facility. If we do, which is looking pretty positive atm, then I may decide to add a couple ducks next year. And maybe a couple Sebbies.....lol We'll only be about 20-25 minutes from my very best friend whom I hardly get to see because of the distance, and closer to my sister and the town I lived in for 12 years after graduating college, so I am
fl.gif
I haven't been getting subscription notices either. Only for this thread. All the other I'm subscribed to seem to be working fine. The property sounds exciting! I drove from California to Texas just to look at ours. I thought it was crazy to purchase something without physically seeing it first!

So I just had to cull that bloody pip chick!!!
hit.gif
hit.gif
. That's the first time I have ever had to do that.
sad.png
I went to check on it and it had 2 weird slices in the rump and it's intestines were hanging out!!!
hit.gif
. It was a perfect one also! All black allover including toes!!!
sad.png
hugs.gif
So sorry Ross
sad.png
But hey I'm doing good and am a new grandpa so I'll show him to you

Oliver Lee
love.gif
ain't he cute .

I removed 5 Buckeye eggs and 11 Silkie eggs from the turner today. One of the Buckeye eggs was broken when I received it. There were 2 initially, but 1 didn't develop. I put wax around this one and it was cracked and dented very badly. It is still developing! I will bump the humidity up for lockdown on Sunday. I've dialed down my incubation humidity so hoping for a better hatch. I took them out of the turner at 16 days to see if there is a difference too. I'm picking up 10 Partridge Brahma chicks in a few days and I just set these tonight. That is 154 jumbo meat coutournix quail eggs. Yes, I am a hatchaholic!

fl.gif
Sounds like a good thing Amy hope you get it
fl.gif
fl.gif

I removed 5 Buckeye eggs and 11 Silkie eggs from the turner today. One of the Buckeye eggs was broken when I received it. There were 2 initially, but 1 didn't develop. I put wax around this one and it was cracked and dented very badly. It is still developing! I will bump the humidity up for lockdown on Sunday. I've dialed down my incubation humidity so hoping for a better hatch. I took them out of the turner at 16 days to see if there is a difference too. I'm picking up 10 Partridge Brahma chicks in a few days and I just set these tonight. That is 154 jumbo meat coutournix quail eggs. Yes, I am a hatchaholic!

I think so you might be able to squeeze a toothpick in there .
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom