Hands on hatching and help

Okay got it coated. Here’s what it looks like and what parts I can make out. Excuse the drawing. It’s the best I got! 🤣

Attachments

• 87700BAD-10AD-4DA9-A274-BA9F086D215D.jpeg
    87700BAD-10AD-4DA9-A274-BA9F086D215D.jpeg
    679 KB · Views: 6
  • A00C0A9D-AE6B-4E32-AE56-815D2F8E4CDC.jpeg
    A00C0A9D-AE6B-4E32-AE56-815D2F8E4CDC.jpeg
    519.7 KB · Views: 5
  • B31B631C-997A-40BB-8275-B106ED11F2A4.jpeg
    B31B631C-997A-40BB-8275-B106ED11F2A4.jpeg
    367.8 KB · Views: 6
I have
I have assisted hatched quite a few times .
And seeing from your photos it looks definitely like the chick has been shrink-wrapped. As one can see the membrane has broken away from the shell quite a bit so if it was me . I don’t use coconut oil but I just wet my finger and coat it over the membrane which softens the membrane and then I gently peel back away from the chick and what I always do is leave them to hatch once they’re half open in the incubator and I have always been successful I’ve managed to hatch a Peacock, two guinea chicks and hen CHICKS 🐣🐣🐣🐣🎉🐔 . Let us know how it goes ??

I don’t use coconut oil but I just wet my finger and coat it over the membrane which softens the membrane and then I gently peel back away from the chick
Water(or saliva) will dry too fast, those big veins means they have to wait to remove any membrane.

Water(or saliva) will dry too fast, those big veins means they have to wait to remove any membrane.
The coconut oil is definitely keeping it moist. The bator is at about 80% humidity without me adding any water. I can tell the vessels are shrinking. The chick has a constant pulse to it. Would that be the heartbeat or it breathing (even though I know it not truly breathing yet). I can also see what may be the side of the mouth. Every few minutes it seems like it’s doing a chewing motion. I’ve read that is it absorbing the yolk and blood. For now I’m just waiting on those blood vessels to absorb and to see what it does from there. I wish I could do a video on here so y’all could see and tell me what you think this little ones chances are.

Back
Top Bottom